Enactment on 28 March 2005
Revised on 18 March 2019
1. Acquisition of personal information
The Company will acquire personal information by legitimate and fair means.
2. Use of personal information
The Company will use personal information within the scope of purpose conveyed to the person in question or published in advance unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
3. Supervision of delegated parties
If the Company provides personal information to a party entrusted with the implementation of operations that it aims to accomplish, it will properly manage and supervise that party.
4. Provision of personal information to third parties
The Company will not provide any personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the person in question, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
5. Management of personal information
The Company strives to maintain proper and reasonable security for all of the personal information it acquires, taking sufficient security measures to prevent the occurrence of illegal access, loss, damage, modification, and leakage. In addition, if for some reason the Company does not consider it necessary to keep the personal information in its possession, such as the expiration of the legally required retention period, it will immediately discard or remove this personal information.
6. Request for disclosure, etc. of personal information
Requests by an individual for notification of purpose of use or disclosure, correction, addition, deletion or discontinuance of use or erasure of that person's personal information will be handled promptly in accordance with the laws and regulations.
7. Organizations and systems
The Company appoints an administrator responsible for the protection of personal information, and conducts the proper management of personal information. It provides training to officers and employees so that they will know how to protect and properly manage personal information. By conducting this training, the Company ensures that personal information is handled properly in daily operations.
8. Compliance with laws, regulations and rules, and revisions
The Company complies with the laws and regulations, guidelines, etc. applied to personal information if necessary, will review and improve the initiatives set forth in the preceding items to ensure that the protection of personal information is further enhanced.
If you have any inquiries about this Privacy, please contact the Personnel & General Affairs Dept.
Handling of Personal Information
1. Purpose of use of personal information
The Company uses the personal information it acquires within the scope of the following purpose of use, in addition to other cases permitted by laws and regulations.
- To facilitate communications between customers and the Company and to provide notifications and greetings in accordance with social customs;
- To conclude and execute agreements between customers and the Company and to manage other transactions;
- To provide information on the Company's products and services;
- To conduct research, analysis and study in connection with the Company's business;
- To provide invitations to exhibits, seminars and other events;
- To provide information on results of questionnaires and events to participants;
- To offer products and services using direct mail, email distribution, fax communications, etc.;
- To provide corporate information to persons seeking employment with the Company and prospective employees and to conduct necessary communications;
- To respond to inquiries from customers; and
- To conduct other operations relating or incidental to the above operations.
2．Joint use of personal data
The Company may jointly use customers' personal data as follows:
1. Personal data to be used jointly
Customer's name, address, telephone number, email address and information on employment, including company name, department and job title
2. Range of joint users
The Company, Kanematsu Corporation and its affiliate companies listed on securities reports of Kanematsu Corporation
3. Joint users' purpose of use
The purpose of use for each joint user is the same as those described above under "Purpose of Use of Personal Information" and is related to said individual joint users' business.
4. Administration of personal data
3．Procedures for requesting disclosure, etc. of personal data
1. When requesting notification of purpose of use or disclosure, correction, addition, deletion or discontinuance of use or erasure of the personal data held by the Company, please send a request to us to the following address with the documents below.
Please be sure to enclose in this request copies of your identification documents (ID card, passport or driver's license) (a copy of the reverse side is also necessary). In addition to the required documents above, the Company may ask customers to submit other documents as necessary.
For requests for notification of purpose of use or disclosure of personal data, the requester may be required to pay handling fees.
2. Upon receipt of Request for Disclosure, etc. of Personal Data described above and the required documents and payment of fees, as applicable, the Company will respond to your request in accordance with laws and regulations.
5. Collection of personal information from websites
The Company's website contains pages that use a form of technology known as "cookies." Cookies are used to send data to the user's software for Internet surfing (browser) and refers to its content, making it easier for the user to use the website the next time they visit it. However, cookies are not intended to be used to acquire the personal information of the user. The user may disable cookies by reconfiguring the browser to stop accepting cookies.
The Company's website incorporates the Secure Socket Layer (SSL), an encryption technology, in the "Contact Us" page, so that users can enter data such as personal information in a secure manner. The SSL sends out the information entered by the user after the information is encrypted.
3.Access Log capturing:
The Company's websites automatically record the information of users in the form of access logs. This information includes the IP address of the user, as well the type of browser used and number of accesses. However, no information is included that individually specifies the user. Access logs, which are used to collect statistics and analyze the use of services, will not be utilized for any other purpose